A Topographical survey also known as a Detail Survey or Contour & Feature survey, is an accurate depiction of natural and manmade features on and around the earth’s surface.
Whether you are planning a new development or renovating an existing site a Detail Survey is an essential first stage and can reduce the possibility of future costly mistakes or unforeseen issues in the design process. A Development Application (DA) must include a Detail Survey containing all of the information the local council require.
SCS Engineering Surveyors offer a bespoke survey specific to your requirements using the latest Leica technology to accurately and efficiently record the necessary information.
We use our experience and expert knowledge to evaluate the amount of data required to produce the required survey. Too much or too little data can result in unnecessary costs.
The survey detail can vary from site to site depending on the individual requirement. A typical Detail Survey may include:
- Fences with type, height, etc. identified
- Permanent buildings with ridge, eaves and floor levels along with apparent use and type of construction shown
- Neighbouring buildings with ridges, eaves and windows
- Road kerb-lines and street furniture
- Paths, hard-standings and changes of surface
- Individual significant trees (plotted to scale and identified)
- Extent of canopy of groups of trees, shrubs and hedges
- Overhead wires and surface indications of underground services
- Drainage manholes and inspection covers, gullies, etc.
- Banks and retaining walls
- Ditches, ponds, streams, etc.
Bench marks levelled to the Australian Height Datum (AHD) will be placed in a location that will assist the builder to maintain accurate levels across the project.
Our surveys can be delivered in various formats and scales to meet everyone’s individual requirements. These are normally delivered as 2D or 3D CAD files but can also be produced as GENIO files or in hard format on paper and film.